Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hiding the database window 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

scroce

MIS
Nov 30, 2000
US
I have a problem where the database window keeps popping up, allowing users to see my tables, forms, modules, etc. I disabled all the shortcut keys and unchecked "display database window" in tools>startup.

the database window mysteriously re-appears if a user minimizes the adp window and then maximizes it again. How do I shut that off?

I thought about making an .ade file but that option is grayed out.

help!

I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect.

Which version of Access?

Using Access XP:
I just tried it on a new adp (existing SQL DB). The only startup option I changed was 'Display database window' which I unchecked.

With just this setting modified, the behaviour is as expected (i.e. min/max does not unhide it).

Can you try the same & confirm presence/absence of problem?

James Goodman MCSE, MCDBA

microsoft access 2002 (10.2627.3501) SP1

i believe that is XP

behaviour not as expected.

here's something odd:
one thing i noticed when I open the db - for some reason there are two boxes in my taskbar for my database. If you hold your mouse over the left one, it says "MyDBName", and if you mix/maximize it, behavior is normal. The right one on hover says "MyDBName: Project-MyDBName(Access2000 file format)" - when i click on that one to maximize, the db window pops open

what the heck is going on with that? why are there two minimized boxes and why would one say access 2000 - I've never even had access 2000 loaded on this machine

rockin!!! - it worked!

while i have you on the topic - is there any way to disable the hold down shift trick that bypasses and goes right into the database window?

Just realised I had written an FAQ on this subject:
faq181-1309

You can disable the shift key by setting the AllowBypassKey property. This can be done via a macro or VBA code.

James Goodman MCSE, MCDBA

much obliged. made my day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back