Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hiding Sytem Tray Icons

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorpIT

MIS
Sep 27, 2002
NL
Hey everyone,

Is there any way to hide the tray icons for vshield and the Virusscan console using ePolicy Orchestrator? I would like to hide them from my users and I'd like to make sure they can't uninstall any of the software. Also, is there a way using ePO to disable the virusscan splash screen for each user ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sincerely,

GB©

Here's what NAI's Knowledge Center has to say about it:

To control whether the AVConsole icon is displayed or not:
Click on Start|Programs|Network Associates|VirusScan Console

From the console, click View|Show System Tray Icon

Additionally, the following DWord can be modified to hide the icon. Note that the AVSync Manager service must be stopped prior to changing this value:
[HKLM\Software\Network Associates\TVD\VirusScan\AVConsol\General] "bShowIcon"=DWord:00000001

A value of "1" indicates the icon is visible.
A value of "0" indicates the icon is hidden.

As for the VShield icon, you can do that from ePO by deselecting "Show icon on system tray" in the VS configuration.

For the splash screen, check this --

VirusScan 4.51 creates a registry setting that allows you to decide whether you want to enable or disable the splash screen. To do so, follow these steps:
1. Install this VirusScan 4.5.1.
2. Start the Windows registry editor.
3. Locate this registry key:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Network Associates\TVD\Shared Components\On Access Scanner\Vshield\System Scan\General
4. Set the value for the dword variable bSkipSplash to either of these values:
1 - Disables the splash screen
0 - Enables the splash screen

The Service Pack sets the value at 0 by default.
5. Close the Windows registry editor.

Hope this helps.

AVChap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back