Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hiding sender's email address in the forwarded message

Status
Not open for further replies.

FarzanaSaleem

Programmer
Jun 17, 2003
PK
My friend sent me an email on my hotmail account. I want to forward this email to someone else. I need to hide address of my friend in the forwarded message. But when I clicked forward, an attachment line appeared with a file message.txt.
In the message area; from, subject and date appeared that I removed. For testing, I sent it to my own yahoo email address. When I checked this email from the yahoo account, forwarded message appeared with the following details:

Date:
Subject:
HTML Attachment

How can I hide sender's email address in the forwarded message

In Outlook (you don't mention that?), :
Tools - Options - E-Mail Options
Near the bottom, "When Forwarding " should be set to anything but 'Attach original message'.
Best option there is 'Include original message text'.

Then, you can strip off anything you want from the initial message.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
How Do You Get Great Answers To my Tek-Tips Questions?
[/sub]
See faq222-2244

Thanks

I am using Internet Explorer 5 to check my emails from hotmail and yahoo accounts.

In the hotmail.com interface, there is an Options|Help link. I clicked Options link.

There is no setting option available for Message Forwarding. There is one for Message Replies.

In Message Replies, options are:
Including Original Text When replying
Original Text Indicator
Reply-To address

???

Oh, that is an Hotmail issue.
It's free so don't expect any support from it.

Including Original Text When replying to "Auto".

You should then see the header in the new message, and you can strip that right there.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
How Do You Get Great Answers To my Tek-Tips Questions?
[/sub]
See faq222-2244

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back