Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hiding Results/Including in totals

Status
Not open for further replies.

pineisland99

Instructor
Feb 13, 2007
US
How can I hide/suppress certain records from my details section that don’t meet a certain criteria but still have them included in my totals.

Example – have the following field in my report: 7001#buyer_name
I have another field:
148#nonoffer_reason

I want to display 7001#buyer_name only if 148#nonoffer_reason is not empty.
Now the issue is that I only want to hide records that don’t meet that criteria.. I don’t want to remove them from my report as I am running totals and need the totals to reflect everything.

Group by the Buyer Name.

Right click the details section and select format section or section expert (pleas post your software version with any post about any software product), and select the X2 next tosuppress and place something like:

sum({table.nonoffer_reason},{table.buyer} = 0

This will then suppress the details from being displayed when the reason = 0 as a total for that buyer, but totals (such as Running Totals) will still reflect this field.

Not also that in lieu of Running Totals you can instead use the aggregate form I used for suppression in a formula.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back