Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hiding Duplicates on Reporta

Status
Not open for further replies.

fbacchus

IS-IT--Management
May 3, 2001
US
Hi:

I have a report with the following columns in the detail section (the report consist of a Page Header, Detail section, Page Footer and Report Footer. Her are the fields going across the page:
Division, Name, Job Title, Location Document Code and Count. I would like to supress multiple repetition of Division, Name, Job Title, Location if there are multiple Document Codes per individual. On a new individual, I would want to see all the information on the first line for that person but suppress the follow-on lines, if there are multiple Document Codes.

In essesnce the grouping is per individial within the Division, Job Title and Location boundries.

I've tries several things including Grouping and Sorting and I get supression of the above fields even when a new person is displayed who is in the same DIVISION / LOCATION are the prior individual; Here is wah I see:

Banking - John Doe - Operations Manager - 120 Broad - AA - 120
AB - 230
AC - 560

Banking - Mary Doe - Operations Lead - - AA - 90
AB - 30
AC - 60

What I would like to see is:

Banking - John Doe - Operations Manager - 120 Broad - AA - 120
AB - 230
AC - 560

Banking - Mary Doe - Operations Lead - 120 Broad - AA - 90
AB - 30
AC - 60

Appreciate the assistance.

fb

IF I understand correctly,

Group by person and put all fields except Document Codes in a Group Header.

To implement Lilliabeth's suggestion, you may need to
[li]place the document code and counts in the group header[/li]
[li]Make sure the Group Header and the detail sections are the same height[/li]
[li]add code to the Group Header[/li]
Code:
   Me.MoveLayout = False

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back