Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hiding Data Until User Clicks Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

MISdad

Technical User
May 5, 2004
I have an asp page that is pulling permit and inspection data. I am showing the permit data and then doing a loop below that to show the inspections for that specific permit number.

Since there can be 10 or more inspections on a single permit number, I want to be able to suppress the inspection detail data until the user wants to see it and clicks on the appropriate link. I set up the collapsable table but it expands and collapses for all the inspection records in the loop not just the one that I click on.

Any suggestions??

If you want to send all of the data to the browser and then
control data/table visibility without a round-trip to the server, you might be better answers in the JavaScript forum: forum216

--------
If you don't mind round trips to the server then just write the ASP such that a lisk of links is displayed but do it such that each link has a QueryString.

So that ASP generates HTML that looks something like:
<a href="showDetails.asp?KeyValue=1">Thing A</a>
<a href="showDetails.asp?KeyValue=2">Thing B</a>
<a href="showDetails.asp?KeyValue=3">Thing C</a>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back