Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hide Word Menu Bar 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghloid

IS-IT--Management
Mar 11, 2002
US
I am having trouble figuring out how to hide the Menu Bar in MS Word 2K. I would like to do this so that I can force the users to use my own developed toolbar. I have not yet found a possible solution for this. In searching the site, I found some great posts about hiding the Excel Menu Bar, as seen here:

However, I can't find the same type of code or figure out how to translate that to Word 2000 terms.

I have also tried setting the following code on the ThisDocument object of the MS Word Objects:

Private Sub Document_Open()
Application.CommandBars("Document Menu Bar").Enabled = False
End Sub

Seems to have no effect either.

Anyone else have any clues?

Thanks!!!

Hi
Have a look in the FAQs. I can't remember the exact number but it's one of mine about enabling/disabling commandbars etc.

I think it refers specifically to the Word Menubar

Happy Friday

;-)
If a man says something and there are no women there to hear him, is he still wrong? [ponder]
How do I get the best answers?

Whoops, meant to include this anyway!
Code:
CommandBars(36).Enabled = False

;-)
If a man says something and there are no women there to hear him, is he still wrong? [ponder]
How do I get the best answers?

That seems to do the trick. I put my code as follows on the ThisDocument Object of the MS Word Objects:

Private Sub Document_Open()
CommandBars(36).Enabled = False
End Sub

I DID put a button to get to the VB code editor on one of my toolbars though, in case I want to see the menu bar again. That's something to consider if anyone else wants to use that code.

Thanks for the help Loomah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back