Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hide the border and scrollbar of an embedded page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

seaport

MIS
Jan 5, 2000
US
I am using xhtml strict.

The following code embeds a page and hides the border and scrollbar. It works in Firefox, but shows border and scrollbar in IE7. Any idea to fix it?

Code:
  <object id="ta1" data="ta.aspx?b=1&s=1" type="text/html" style="width: 700px; height: 90px;
    overflow: hidden; border-style: hidden">

Thanks in advance.

Seaport

Hi,

Not sure if this will help, but here is what I use for an IFRAME:

<iframe id="myframe" src=" scrolling="yes" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" vspace="0" hspace="0" style="overflow:visible; width:100%; height:100%;"></iframe>

I think there is something different in IE, cos I've never managed to actually get it to "hide" the scrollbar as such :(

Cheers

Andy

Andy,

Thanks for the reply.

I am using "xhtml strict," which does not allow iframe tag. That's why I used the "object" tag.

By the way, I am using IE7. Do you think IE7 make the mebedded page border appear regardless of style, maybe for the purpose that IE7 can be seen as a safer browser?

Seaport

Dan,

Using "XHTML + Frameset" is too much change to the site I am building and it is not an option to me.

Anyway, my research has confirmed that, when using "object" tag, IE7 will show the border and any CSS setting has no effect on the border.

Seaport

Dan,

I never used "XHTML + Frameset" before.

I thought I only need to change the Doc Type, only one line in each page. When I changed the Doc Type, the html validator in visual studio told me that the "body" tag is not valid under "html" tag. Then I found out that, in a valid "XHTML + Frameset" document, "body" tag must be under "frameset" tag. That's what I mean "too much" for me to change, and learn.

Seaport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back