Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hide SSN 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

InspectorHound

Programmer
Nov 21, 2014
US
Hi,
I have a table with SSN. How do I make it so that everything except the last four numbers appear as ****
And that they are displayed like this in all the forms that use them?
Thanks!

[tt]Select '***-**-' & Right(SSN, 4) as MyNewSSN
From SomeTable...[/tt]

Have fun.

---- Andy

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.

I have an access form with and ID field and I would like to open a PDF after I click on this field in the form ( I would use a hyperlink). The value of the ID field is the same as the name of the PDF and I have the access database in the same folder as the PDF's. what is the syntax for calling the PDF and can I call more than one PDF at a time -- I mean the pdf name has a few more letters than the ID field so that more than one PDF is associated with that ID.

You should start a new tread with your question not related to SSN.
BTW - was my post helpfull at all?

Or you may just google "open pdf from access vba"

Have fun.

---- Andy

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back