Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hide rows with zero values

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaffey

Technical User
Jul 18, 2006
CA
I have a table of data with 'desk' names down the left hand side and the days of the month across the top. Each day the revenue for each desk is entered beside it's name under the column of the corresponding date. The table is 300 rows by 31 columns.
I have created a report on another tab that links to this data and I would like the rows that have no revenue values associated with them to hide automatically so the report is not so long. (only 1/2 the desks report revenue in any given month). note - some desks report negative values only

Create a new column (excluded from the print area) with a formula summing all day values and apply an autofilter (<>0) to it.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

I tried that but before....it works but you have to reapply the filter every time a new row becomes populated so it's not a satisfactory solution. Thanks anyway.

Reapply the filter in the Change event procedure of the worksheet.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

I'm sorry but I can't find that. How do I enter it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back