Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hide password Characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajking

Technical User
Aug 13, 2002
I'm told you cannot use ***** to hide password characters when using Inputbox, is there another way to achieve this?TIA

'Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans' John W. Lennon 1940-1980

On the text box set its input mask property to
"password"

Thanks for the quick response. I presume you mean to replace the inputbox with a textbox but how would you mimic inputbox with a textbox i.e. how do you suspend any further database activity until the textbox contents has been entered? (as happens with inputbox)

'Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans' John W. Lennon 1940-1980

If you create a form and set the modal property to true. This will then act like a inputbox (and msgbox)

Many thanks to both of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back