Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hide navigation on login page

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickyJay

Programmer
Sep 1, 2003
GB
Hi all, can anyone give me some pointers? I have an application this i have just added site security and have some problems :-(
I have used application.cfc rather than .cfm as i was used to and have declared a header and footer to be added to every page. This worked fine until i added my security. I now have the security working also after some head scratching but have another problem.
My site navigation was on the header to appear on each page - a javascript menu bar. I dont want this on the login page but DO want it on every other page. I have sectioned the site pages into a folder, with application.cfc and login.cfm OUTSIDE of this folder. While i have no menu bar on the login, i also now no longer have it appearing on any other page. Even after i removed the naviagtion part from the header and put it on a seperate file, nav.cfm and included this on the top of each page it shoudl appear - still nada.

Any suggestions?? Am i go about this all wrong??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back