Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hide members of snowflake/parentchild dimension when null

Status
Not open for further replies.

thyOdin

Programmer
Jun 19, 2006
MX
Hello, I have a cube wich has two dimensions, One is the "Concept" (star schema) dimension, this one is linked to a "Department"(parent-child schema) dimension.

So, when I browse the data I wish to see something like this:
-Department1
-Sub department 1
Concept 1
Concept 2
Concept 3
-Sub department 2
Concept 4
-Department 2
-Sub department 2
Concept 5

and so on.. I know this looks exactly like only one parent-child dimension, but i need to simulate this behavior having two dimensions, the departments dimension (parent child) and the concepts dimension (star schema, but linked to the lowest level of the deparment dimension).

So, somebody can help?
odin.dark@gmail.com
thanks in advance!

I forgot to say, using the schema above, when I drop the dimension departments and then drop the dimension concepts, all concepts are shown in each level on the departments, and I want only the ones that are linked to it

What Cube engine are you using as this can effect the answer.

Shoot Me! Shoot Me NOW!!!
- Daffy Duck

I'm using Analysis services from Microsoft. thanks in advance!

I would build a view that lines the dataup in manner to support you dimension and create the dimension based from the view.

Shoot Me! Shoot Me NOW!!!
- Daffy Duck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back