Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hide group section based on totals

Status
Not open for further replies.

robert12

Programmer
Jan 22, 2002
CA
Hi

I have a group section containing a content frame and an after frame. In the after frame I show the total of the column "Qty".
I would like to hide the group section if the total qty is 0.

Thank you

If you don't have the sum of that column as a column on that row, you can use the adjust size of the after frame to check and see in that sum is 0. If it is then you can set the height of the frame to 0

I want to hide everything inside the group, the content frame also.
I know the value of the total only when the after frame was generated. The content frames (the detail) are generated before the after frame. So I can not know if I have to hide them or not, because the total was not yet calculated.

hope about using a lookahead aggregate like
SUM (qty) where (blah) group by (blah)?

OR add that sum in your SQL and make it a cloulm on your sql so that you can test it in the content frame as well?

If I set the height of the frame to 0, the pages contain empty spaces where the frames should have been. Is there a way to avoid this ?

It does? Are these frames at the end of the page and then there is a page break after perhaps so you get all the blank space after?

How about;
set up a variable Static MostRecentFlow As AcFlow in the finish method of the group. Then Set MostRecentFlow = flow . Then test for the value of your total. If 0, set the size.height of your flow to 0.
ASG

From the last post. On second thoughts, that may leave you with a blank page. If so try Static MostRecentContainer As AcReportComponent, then do the same.
ASG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back