Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hide E-Mail addresses when sending a group e-mail in Outlook Express 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tershia

Technical User
Mar 26, 2001
GB
When I send to a group of e-mail addresses that I have created in outlook express, the recipient has access to all the e-mail addresses in that group. How do I prevent this from happening so that the recipient can only see thier own e-mail address or the name of the group.

Maybe the easiest solution is to Blind CC them. To do so, when composing new mail, press the To button. Then , put the address or group in the BCC box at the bottom. That will keep them anonymous.

V

Just in case you don't know, you can make the From Bcc Field appear by going View and checking the box.

Merry Meet
Thanks AyJayEL for that, it has been really P****ng me off.

But my problem really is that I have a group of 10 names called UPDATE how do I get 2 of them as bcc and the rest as visible.....without individually inserting them??

Merry Part and the Brightest of Blessings

With respect
Wicca
-----
IF you think you can
Or if you think you can't
Then you are probably right
-Henry Ford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor