Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hide DN/Access Code from caller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tumpane22

Technical User
Jul 29, 2016
US
I have configured our main gate at our location to be opened through a contact closure on a trunk TN by dialing a certain access code, let's call it 9999. I would like to put this code on certain user's phones, but I do not want them to know what the code actually is. I want them to just be able to press a designated key on the phone and have the gate open without the caller seeing the number on the display. I know I can just give the caller a phone w/o a display, but there has to be a way to do this with display phones.
I've already tried putting a button on the set with an ADL of the ACOD.
Tried changing CLS to DDGD, which works for other extensions but not the access code.
Tried putting a name on the access code, which doesn't seem to appear anywhere.
Tried putting a phantom TN that is NCFW directly to the access code, however then I cannot hide the phantom DN (with DDGD), so it's useless.

I don't know of a way to hide a number that is dialed on a display phone.
There are some ways you can prevent the number being dialed from everywhere though.

TARG/TGAR is used on trunk routes/phones to prevent phones from dialing the trunk access code. If that is set up then you can override the TGAR using a System Speed Call (SSC) list and making specific sets users of that SSC. You could then simplify it for the users by giving them a CS key.

Another way is to use a Viking LDB-2 on an analog TN to provide the contact closure. Program the TN as a Dial Intercom and put DIG keys for the same group on the other phones. Only phones in the same intercom group will be able to call the door opener.

It's also possible to use Pretranslation but that could get complicated.

What happens if you set a key on a digital set to hot line to this ACOD?. Would it show the number dialled?.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

what about TSC pointing at the route rather than using the ACOD and CLS DDGD on the phone.

Or maybe an over kill but do you have Callpilot or a Contact Center, go into an application and let that dial it for you maybe that works

Thanks for your replies.
StanleySteamer- We are using TGAR/TARG and I thought about using a SSC and we use that alot, but the number still shows up when you use it.
The 2nd pair of the TN is where we are getting the contact closure, and it works like a charm to open the gate thru our Hirsch/Identive system, so I don't think
we would need the Viking unit.

Firebird Scrambler- StanleySteamer is correct. You still see the number with a hotling key.

bignose21- I am not that familiar with TSC (trunk steering code?) Can you elaborate on that idea? Also, we do have both CallPilot and Contact Center. What were your thoughts on
how they can be utilized?

The TGAR and SSU method won't hide the number. It is only a way to control who has access to the trunk route access code.

Thinking you were saying that DDGD hid a extension but not an ACOD was wondering if it would hide a TSC or DSC

in LD 86 make a DMI to say delete 4 digits, then create RLI to route to your route using the DMI

press enter to everything not mentioned

REQ new
CUST 0
TYPE dgt
DMI x <-- you define this number limited by the DMI entry under ESN in this load
DEL 4

REQU new
CUST 0
TYPE rlb
RLI x <-- define number can use same as dmi
ENTRY 0
ROUT x <-- Route number you want to send it to
DMI x <-- as you defined above

LD 87
REQ new
CUST 0
FEAT cdp
TYPE tsc
TSC 9999
FLEN 4
RLI x <-- as defined in LD 86

you could also try DSC instead rest the same, this would just open the trunk and send no digits. If you wanted to send one of the 9's you could just make DMI delete 3, or if you wanted to send something else you could leave DMI to delete 4 and another prompt INST (insert) can be used to put the digit(s) you want to send.

For other option say Contact Center you could just have CDN 9999 acquired by CC and then simply

GIVE RINGBACK
WAIT 2
ROUTE CALL XXXX <-- the XXXX you could try the ACOD or a TSC etc.

Callpilot maybe INFO mailbox with REVERT DN to TSC (no idea if this would work just have to play with it). Or Phantom/ACD 9999 pointing to callpilot, SDN 9999 to CP application with call transfer to ACOD or TSC

As i think the application may mask the final DN (it may not :))

Thanks guys, This is great food for thought. I will have to play with this and see if I can get something to work. I will keep you posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back