Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hide commands for Definity G3r.v9 sessions 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

manek

Technical User
Apr 10, 2003
CZ
Hi, can you somebody recommend where to find hide commands for Definity G3r.v9 sessions? For instance command <newterm> which is not in help [F5 in DSA/ASA ].

Thanks, Manek.

Manek,

Are you sure you're hitting help MORE than once? Each time you hit help it gives you the next page for that particular command area.

For instance... type list , and then hit help. It should give you something like A-G or whatever for the commands, and hit help again, and it should give you G-O maybe (these letter ranges are hypothetical, but I think you get the point).

Manek,
You would find most of these in the documentation,either your manuals, CD-Roms, or online at the Avaya Supoort site.
You also might not see all commands you find in the manuals,
or help option, as you user right might be restricted to use them on your system.

Rob

Thanks for your advices but I already know them and I bet that you don´t find command <newterm> in any manual or double hitting help in DSA, nonetheless the command newterm
allow to switch between terms when you are connected to Definity.

Manek

Newterm is a very famous command, I donno whether it is published in any manual. It is just to change the terminal mode.

regards,
Defman

These hidden commands are not publicized. Generally someone will work with a tier 3 engineer at one time or another and learn some of these. Their are some that you will never see or hear of that are dependant on the level of permissions that you have access to. I have worked under an init password before and seen screens and commands that I haven’t seen since. One thing you can do to learn some of these is to list history when Avaya has to resolve problems for you. This will show you what changes have been made and by what login. Some of the commands again you will not be able to perform but some you can..

Mikey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back