Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hide Combo Box in Continuous form

Status
Not open for further replies.

vangx222

Technical User
Jun 6, 2007
US
If a value in my combo1 has a subcatergory then combo2 will automatically appear with a list of values that relates to the value in combo1 taht I chosed. Once I select the value for combo2 and then choose a new value for combo1 for the next record, combo 2 disappears in the previous record. When I go back and click in the area where combo2 should be it appears, but then appears in all the records on my continuous form. If I go back to a record that doesn't require a combo2, then combo2 disappears form the records that DOES require a combo2 value.

Get the point? haha... sorry, kind of repitative, but I just wanted you to understand my situation. Here's my current codes in the ON CURRENT of the form and AFTER UPDATE of combo1 control.

If Me.cboDiagnosis1.Column(2) = True Then
Me.cboDiagnosis2.Visible = True
Else
Me.cboDiagnosis2.Visible = False
End If
Me.cboDiagnosis2.Requery

Any help would be appreciated. THANKS!

This is a feature of a continous form. There is really only one instance of each control, all the others are just paint on the screen. So if you change the property in one record it changes the property in all records.

However you may disable the control with condtional formatting.

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

How are ya vangx222 . . .

To look at it another way:
TheAceMan1 said:
[blue]For a combobox in the detail section of a form [purple]the selected value of a combobox has to exist in the recordsource for all records![/purple][/blue]
When you start filtering the combo in any way your dropping previous selections from the recordsource.

[blue]Your Thoughts? . . .[/blue]

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Be sure to see FAQ219-2884:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back