Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hide Acrobat Reader Menu in Internet Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajmcqueen

Technical User
Mar 20, 2002
GB
Hi

I wish to allow users to view PDF files in VB6, but not save them or be allowed to search the file system using the Save dialog box. The application will be running as a Thin Client remote app. I can easily invoke the Acrobat Reader within a web browser control on a form (see code below) but the menu bar appears. Even if I hide it by covering it up with a borderless frame (messy but effective), if the user hits F8 they can show/hide it which results in the Webrowser viewing window moving up or down. Is there a simple way to disable the save option programatically or hide/disable the menu bar programatically to avoid these fudges? Alternatively if I trap F8 at the form level and not let it pass the Internet Browser control this would help - how do I do that?

Andy

These lines load a pdf doc into an internet control on a VB form.

With WebBrowser1
.Navigate2 "c:\temp\test.pdf"
End With

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back