Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hide Access 2013 Window ; Static the Taskbar to avoid the Access background from reappearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slimfit

IS-IT--Management
Jun 28, 2016
US
I really want help on the above subject. I have applied the "Hide The Access Window by SgtJarrow
FAQ705-2562: Hide The Access Window" to solve Access problem and it works very well. But there is some problem when used in Access 2013 database. I have set all applicable forms as pop ups and modal to yes. But when the database is opened and the user hover or press the TASKBAR, the whole Access background open behind whichever form (.. Switchboard ; etc) is being worked on. Please I am asking is there anyway to Static ; Freeze or Lock the Database TASKBAR , so that when the user clicks or hover the taskbar,is not going to open the minimized Access background as long as the database application is opened?.

Thanks for your help.

Slimfit

Here is a variation (though as pointed out in one thread, may be basically the same) that I have used for YEARS now. Actually I've not built a new database with it in years, but I still use a database where my last revision was in 2012.
thread702-798009

This is the discussion referencing 3 very similar methods: (as stated by RoyVidar)
thread705-895857

As I recall, the version I used (first link in my post here) did not work as well once began using the accdb format instead of mdb. However, all I did to make it work was flip one of the True/False flags feeding to the fAccessWindow function. I honestly do not remember which one right now, and I do not have access to that database (I have it at home and at church).

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back