Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hidding the Database View of an MDE file in XP Professional

Status
Not open for further replies.

eknotts

Programmer
Dec 23, 2002
US
I have created an Access DB application using Access2002 on a Windows ME system. After un-checking the "Display Database Window" under Startup and creating a MDE file. The Database Window appears when I open the file on a system running Windows XP Professional, but not on the system running Windows ME. Am I missing something, or is this a Windows XP problem. Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution. I await any response or suggestion.

"Going crazy in Houston"

I have noticed the same problem with 2000 and XP. My work around was to use the autoexec macro to close the database window when the database started. Solved all my problems. It may be a solution for you!!

I assume you used the "DoCmd.Close" command, but I do not know what the 'object type' should be in using this command. Could you clarify, or give me an example of the code.

"Going crazy in Houston"

eknotts,

If you see my thread 181-612943 MS Access SecurityUser levels there is some sites that have MDE that will control ALL including disapling the shift and f11 keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back