Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hidden form transfers only the first word in the field

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdurward

Technical User
Dec 10, 2001
CA
I have a form in a database results area which sends several of the database results columns to another database via the form. I use <input type=&quot;hidden&quot; name=&quot;description&quot; value=<%=FP_FieldVal(fp_rs,&quot;Description&quot;)%>>. Everything works OK except that the form is sending just the first word in the field which has the description (the other fields are single numbers or letters).
Thanks for any help.

Thanks. I actually had tried this. I used exactly what you suggested in the hidden field set up as follows:
<input type=&quot;hidden&quot; name=&quot;description&quot; value=<%=Server.HTMLEncode(FP_FieldVal(fp_rs,&quot;Description&quot;))%> >
Unfortunately this did not resolve the problem. Any other thoughts?

A simple set of quotation marks around the asp insert will do it.

Your code:
<input type=&quot;hidden&quot; name=&quot;description&quot; value=<%=FP_FieldVal(fp_rs,&quot;Description&quot;)%>>

Should be:
<input type=&quot;hidden&quot; name=&quot;description&quot; value=&quot;<%=FP_FieldVal(fp_rs,&quot;Description&quot;)%>&quot; >

It quits at the first space, thinking you are done. This will work as long as the data is not multiline. If it is, you will need to put the data in a textarea, and hide it in a div if you do not want it seen. Jonathan Galpin

PERFECT!!! Thanks a lot. Such a simple thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back