Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hidden fieldset margin only works inline IE 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

1DMF

Programmer
Jan 18, 2005
GB
Hi,

IE Issue!

I have a hidden fieldset that has a margin-top:10px; applied but is display:none;

It is displayed when 'Join Application' is selected for partners details.

Only when display:block; is used, the margin seems to collapse or be ignored.

However, if I place the margin in an inline style attribute, the margin is applied.

Why will the external CSS not take effect and only the inline setting?

"In complete darkness we are all the same, only our knowledge and wisdom separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!

You think it might be this in your head section?
Code:
        <!--[if IE]>
            <style type="text/css">legend { margin-left:0px;} [blue]#app2{ margin-top:0px;}[/blue] </style>
        <![endif]-->

Greg
People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use. Kierkegaard

I feel like a right donkey!

Though there must have been a reason that was put in the header, i guess originally I had some IE only stuff needed fixing , that i then didn't need and forgot to remove!

Thanks for pointing out the obvious!

"In complete darkness we are all the same, only our knowledge and wisdom separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back