Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hidden Fields within a FORM

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLaceyUSA

IS-IT--Management
Dec 3, 2003
US
I'm not sure if this is the most appropriate place to pose this question of mine. Mod's please move is you feel necessary. Thanks!

Now.. onto my question. I have email forms.. simple forms for simple requests. One thing I do is to put a hidden form name="carboncopy" and an email address to send to, in addition to the form's regular address.

I also use an email cloaking program that scrambles the addresses to prevent spam bots to locate the email address and do it's thing to me.

My question is if this cloaked code can somehow be inserted into the "carboncopy" value field instead of the usual name@domain.com

If not.. any suggestions how this can be accomplished without the spam bots finding the email address? Would a popup fill-in form work best?

Thanks for the help!

~L~
[gorgeous]

Save yourself a major headache and use a perl script to send the mail. It will hide the receiver's email address completely removing any concern at all with bots or compliance and you can set the priority the email comes to you or the receiver based on the topic or the receiver's choice. Quite a few simple email form scripts available at

Instead of e-mail cloaking maybe just have more hidden fields. Like: e-mail1 (name), e-mail2 (domain), e-mail3(com). Then the script that sends the e-mail will know how to put the three together whereas spam bots won't.

Kevin
A+, Network+, MCP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back