Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hidden Dialog Boxes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaoboda

IS-IT--Management
Sep 10, 2002
US
I have a very odd problem, which is more of an annoyance that occurs on a couple different machines on my network and randomly.

The problem is when someone goes to say File | Print, or File | Save As in various Office applications, the popup dialog box does not show up on top like normal, but rather in a hidden state.

The application bar and the taskbar button both flash to show as if the application requires attention, but no dialog. You can only get the dialog to appear after you right click on the taskbar button, however, my users don't feel that they should have to do this.

Has anyone else come across this and what did you do to solve this problem? Thanks in advance.

I have this problem too.
It occurs when you first open the document, the first time you try to do this, and then its fine.

any ideas?

thanks

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back