Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hibernate Connection Pooling on 10g app serv

Status
Not open for further replies.

erinql

Programmer
Oct 19, 2001
US
I adopted a project that was built on Hibernate 2.1.1 and discovered that the hibernate.properties file did not specify a connection pooling manager, after our Open JDBC connections started climbing radically on the 10g Application Server.

I found a good list of troubleshooting tips at to stop the leak. After going through the tips, I set the the following in hibernate.properties file:

Code:
hibernate.connection.pool_size=0

This immediately took care of the situation, but before I deploy again, can anyone tell me what is handling the pooling now (since I have not specified a pooling manager), if anything?

And, what do you suggest for a pooling manager on the Oracle 10g App server.

My major concern is that there is no max set for pooling right now, since the property setting essentially disables hibernate's conneciton pooling, but does not establish anything in it's place.

Erin

Erin Quick-Laughlin
Java Developer, DBA

I would imagine you would want to post this in the oracle 10g app server forum if there is one, if not at least in the oracle 10g forum.

Sorry Man - my mistake ! Damned browser pushed up the page and i clicked 10g instead of 8 before I even knew it.

Sorry again! Learn me to keep me mouth shut!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back