Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi , What are the prerequesites

Status
Not open for further replies.

bandez

IS-IT--Management
Jul 8, 2002
GB
Hi ,

What are the prerequesites of adding a new datafile or resize concerning SAP system.

Thanks,

Hi,
You need ALTER DATABASE privileg, which the standard SAP user lacks. You can connect as SYSTEM or SYS for this task.

Stefan

Hi Stefan,

Thanks your answer but I mean : oracle version (As I know resize is only possible above 8.1.7), compatible parameter, sapdba version ...

We use 8.1.7.4 (and I think I remember SAP does no longer support versions prior to 8.1.7.3). Our compatilbe-parameter is set to 8.1.6.
I do not use the SAP-tools, as the only way to enlarge a tablespace there is to add a datafile. Instead I use SQL*Plus (any other Oracle-Client where you can perform DBA-tasks possible of course too).

Stefan

Hi Bandez

What's your SAP version?
Why don't you use sapdba tool?
If you have your SAP system installed on Windows you have to launch this tool using the same user that have installed the SAP.
Instead if you have installed SAP on UNIX you have to launch this tool using ora<sid> user.
It is very user friendly!!!

Greetings
Pritirchio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back