Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi, We have set up a VPN server ru

Status
Not open for further replies.

VieiraR

MIS
Jul 3, 2003
US
Hi,
We have set up a VPN server running windows 2000 server that is working great.On our Domain Windows NT we set up so that the passwords will expire after 90 days. However our remote users are rarely in the office to be able to change the password when expired. Is their anyway to allow them to change it remotely? As of now if there password has expired and needs to be changed they have to call us and have us change it. The vpn tunnel will not authenticate them and tell them to change the password. Thanks for any and all help.

Rich

Hi,

Did you ever get a reply to this as we have the same issues.

Regards
Ori.

Not that I know of, but you could create a seperate GPO for those users so that their passwords don't expire.

Could do that, but I would rather my users phone up. I would rather be more secure and have them call than have user passwords not expire. But thanks for the advice.

I can't beleive that this is something that has not been solved.

We are using Cisco VPN clients and it just will not pass on any Password Expiry notices. There must be some solution out there.

Come guys. Don't ignore me just a quick answer. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease. I am govaling here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back