Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi - this should be an easy one (ju

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonfish

Programmer
Apr 25, 2001
UG
Hi - this should be an easy one (just guessing).

I want to import an image (object) that has a white background, cut it out (lasso) and save it as a PNG-file (transparent background) for use in a DTP program. Works fine except that the resulting area of the file is far to large (small image (object) in the middle). Have tried cutting the file first to the dimentions of the image (object) I want, but after importing, lassoing, cutting and saving as PNG - I still get an object surrounded by a large useless transparent area. It seems that this has something to do with the masking area that is automatically attributed to the file (no matter the size of the imported file). Can't find the solution in the documentation.

Thanks Dragonfish

----------------------------------------------------------
Meddle not in the affarirs of Dragons
for you are chrunchy and good with Mustard

Hi,

sorry forgot to say that I'm talking about Photo-paint (but you knew that anyway).[dazed]

Dragonfish

Problem solved !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.