Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi There!! I'm looking for a sma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quintus

MIS
Jul 4, 2001
ZA
Hi There!!

I'm looking for a small(ish) Asset management program. Does anyone know where I can download one!? I just need a basic little program as to know what is where.

Thank You

Hi - I think the BSA offers a free product for small companies - It's for 1 - 1,000 pc's.

This is the website:

GASP® : A software, hardware and file audit tool
The BSA version of GASP® is a suite of programs designed to help you identify and track licensed and unlicensed software and other files installed on your company's computer systems including desktops, laptops and network servers. When used in conjunction with a clear Software Use Policy, the straightforward detail and summary reports produced by GASP® will help you control software.

Versions of this tool are available for Windows and Macintosh users.

Download the GASP® tool

Visit the Support section of the GASP® web site

Generate a Registration Key

I looked at this - It says media assets ??? Could this be used for IT Assets? Tracking PC's, Laptop's, Software on computer systems....Etc? Have you used it for IT Assets?

I think this forum is for MIS/IT - Management Tools - AM.

Thanks!

You may want to look at QuickInventory from It is an easy to use program that consists of:

a client side exe that gets basic software and hardware inventory. It ftp's this back to the server service so it'll work across offices, internet etc.

the server side exe, takes the files and collates them into an access database.

The tool is very simple and has no real infrastructure costs. The client exe can be deployed using email, scripts etc. It not the best inventory tool out there but is probably the simplest one I have seen, also costs less than most other tools.

Eldon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back