Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hi ther, I am designing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

manojEP

Programmer
Dec 17, 2003
IN
hi ther,

I am designing a form generator that automatically generates form controls for a set of fields selected by the user in a particular table...

I have cleared my old controls and have placed new dynamically generated controls in the form and trying to save it in the location required by the user, such that he can include the form in his project...

When i save the form by copying the form's code file into a new location as given by user, i get only the static controls ie., the old controls of the form..

It doesn't save my new dynamically generated controls in it...
Also tell me how to include components like ADODC, COMMONDIALOG etc., which are already present in my form to the newly generated form's file...

Could anybody help me plz...

with regards,
manojEP

For all of those who think they have seen something like this before your not crazy. Here are the previous relevant threads

thread707-736353

thread222-737696

manojep,

When you allow a user to create a new control and position it on the form in your program you will have to write out the properties of it yourself when they go and save the file as I previously stated in thread222-737696.

>It doesn't save my new dynamically generated controls in it...

It will not be automatic!!!

Your are going to have to do this your self!!!

and as for the rest of it you will find the information in your origional form i.e. the common dialog and ADODC.

HI vb5prgmr,

thnx... i will try it out...

good days...

with regards,
manojEP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back