Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hi TelNetSystems, A couple of year

Status
Not open for further replies.

telman57

Vendor
Nov 2, 2002
US
hi TelNetSystems,
A couple of years ago, I was having a lot of trouble with MLX-20L's and MLX-10D's. What I found to be the trouble was defective LED's. After the phone locks-up, shut off any surrounding lights. You should be able to see a faint glow from the bad LED. I think the (sneak) current through the LED, acts as if that particular key is being pressed.(that is why no other keys will function) You can duplicate the trouble by holding down any key and try pressing another key. Nothing!

Quick Fix - If it's a key that you are not utilizing (or you don't need the LED,) just pluck it off. However, I can tell you from experience, it's just a matter of time before another one goes bad. For the time and energy, your better off replacing the flex board. Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back