Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi-Res Printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivan1

Programmer
Jun 18, 2001
US
Hi.
I'm trying to figure out how to achieve the highest quality possible when printing a PDF document with images imported from Photoshop on a desktop printer. Right now the images that I "attach" to a PDF document print out jagged; the text comes out fine. I "attach" images from a flat .psd file which is 300dpi CMYK. Any help on this subject would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Ivan

You mean the images you are trying to print are not actually part of the PDF?

What do you mean you are 'attaching' them? If this involves a copy and paste via the Windows clipboard, and you are on a PC, be aware that the image quality will drop significantly in the process.

If you have 300 dpi CMYK Photoshop images, can you print them clearly from Photoshop itself? You may find colour is better if you convert to RGB (believe it or not) when printing to a desktop printer. Proabably a resolution of 200 dpi wouldn't look a lot different to 300 dpi either.

BUT it doesn't sound as though you are printing direct from PS but somehow trying to get the image into the PDF first. How are you doing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back