Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi, I've been asked to enable a

Status
Not open for further replies.

vtj

MIS
May 24, 2001
US
Hi,

I've been asked to enable a direct connection to Impromptu from within a java created program. The users want to be able to open Impromptu without reentering their logon information. Does anyone know of any links to documentation on this subject.

Thanks,

VTJ

Hello VTJ,

I have done similar kind of work in my last project. You can avoid users to enter their logon information to access Reporting through application by using a simple technique. The java program (JSP web page) in my case redirects to the Cognos upfront address with cognos role. The appropriate user class is than picked up based on this cognos role which is stored in a properties file. This properties file contains information about the users logon based on their role which has similar entry in Cognos Access Manager.

This works for me. Hope you are also looking for similar kind of solution. Let me know if this helps

Thanks
Sync

Dear Sync,

Thanks for the response. I'll let you know how I make out.

VTJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back