Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hi IN the real world how do you

Status
Not open for further replies.

onebyone

Technical User
Jul 12, 2003
US
hi

IN the real world how do you migrate folders from development to testing and finally to production.what are the issues involved.what if what you have migrated to the existing folders gets corruputed, can you rollback to the earlier state.
Do you need to version it.

SAnjay

In designer you will have three repositories, one for developement i.e Dev_rep, one for testing i.e test_rep and pproduction repository i.e prod_rep.After developement you can move that folder to test repository. After User accepatance testing that is moved to production repository.
If the developer doesn't have access to test repository than you need to provide the migration list to the concerned person who is doing the migration. The migration list consist of folders,objects, sql scripts,unix scripts that needs to be migrated in test & prod envt.

-Ajay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back