Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hi, I'm using Visual Basic as my l

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharonchapman7

Programmer
Aug 31, 2011
US
hi,
I'm using Visual Basic as my language with server side scripting. I have two fields, a date and phone field that I would like to put masks on? Can you tell me how I can do this or if it is possible? I'm using asp server side scripting. Can this still be done? I have attached my code as attachments so that you can see what I'm dealing with. The first file Default_ASPX.txt is my html page and the second file, Default_aspx_vb.txt is my visual basic code that uploads the data entered to a SQL database. Could you give me more instruction after you look at my code. I tried to cut out all necessary coding to make it easier to find the date field and the phone (commercial) number.

Thanks,
Sharon

There are no built in masks for the .NET web controls like there are for the .NET windows controls. You would have to deal with it either using javascript, or you can use third party objects like Telerik. You can also take a look at the JQuery library. They may have something, and it is free to use in any of your apps. It is a strong javascript based library.

thank you. I will check out the JQuery library.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back