Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi. I'm using a dialing software fo

Status
Not open for further replies.

audiopimp

MIS
Jun 9, 2002
CA
Hi. I'm using a dialing software for my employees. Running win 98 2nd E. Simple enough setup.. Phone Line >IN> Modem <Out< to Phone base+head set.
The problem: Yes the Modem picks up the line, dials, it connects it hangs up. What the user has to do all the time is hit the &quot;TALK&quot; button on the phone...twice...Once to hear what the modem is doing...dialing-connecting...and once again once the modem hangs up the line. If they dont hit &quot;Talk&quot; on the Phone Set the line won't be fully cut> hence not being able to make the next call.

Having troubleshooted modems before at my previous job, I know INIT Strings (AT&F&C1&D2...ect) exists that might do what I'm looking for - for the modem to do are HARD HANGUP. The phone set wouldn't need to be ON- OFF all the time it would simply stay &quot;ON&quot; all the time and the modem would fully control the phone line.

If someone can help me ...please the modem I'm using is an AOpen FM56-PM Controllerless PCI Modem HCF.

Many thanks.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back