Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hi I'm new

Status
Not open for further replies.

holloweyes

Programmer
Feb 5, 2007
TR
Can u please help me. I'm new in programming. And studying interbase. BUt I couldn't create a local interbase table. When I write a user name and pass it says "Your user name and password are not defined. Ask your database administrator to set up an InterBase login" What sould I do? if u mind please :)

The first thing to do is to read the InterBase documentation that comes with the product and then try out the examples. I suggest you start with the Operations Guide and look at the section 'IBConsole: The InterBase Interface'. That should take care of the basics such as logging in, creating a database and creating a table.

I guess the first things you need to check are that:
a) the InterBase Guardian and InterBase Server services are running and
b) that you can connect to the local server by using the standard user name/password combination SYSDBA/masterkey

good luck

ujb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back