Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi, I'm makin a shockwave movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juniare

Technical User
Oct 14, 2002
US
Hi,

I'm makin a shockwave movie that I will be using at home. It's just something I'm doing cause I'm still getting used to the functions of Director, but anyway. I'm making a movie that requires you to type a screenname and password. The password is put in by me using the if.... command, the movie with the password and screen name will open on top of the main window. (But that isn't the problem), the problem is I can't get the text in my screen name text field to go in the field in the opposite movie.
Main Movie--Movie that is used the MIAW i think it's called.
Password Movie --Movie where you enter the screen name and password in.

So how do I get the screen name from the Password movie, to be displayed in the Main Movie.

And how do I make a .txt file and have data saved in it, and let the .txt file open in a text member in the movie.

Thank You

MIAWs running simultaneously share all the global variables. If you assign the name and password to globals in one MIAW, you can retrieve them from the other MIAW.

As for reading and writing the external .txt file, use the xtra "FileIO". You can get a code example from

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back