Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi I'm fairly new to Linux and I go

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceccoCSC

Technical User
Oct 4, 2001
US
Hi I'm fairly new to Linux and I got stuck as RH 7.0 doesn't support my video card (ATI RADEON 8500 LE). I've downloaded the drivers from ATI but know I really don't know what I have to do with them. I've tried following the instructions but no joy (dependencies problems). Can anybody explain me if there is any easy way to do it or at least give me a kick start?

Thanks

You need to upgrade to at least XFree86 4.1. To do this: read the installation howto at
You will also need to upgrade your C libraries for the drivers to work as well as any dependencies that xfree86 4.1 has.

Then you should be able to install the Radeon Drivers.

HTH!

--James

OK! But what are these C libraries? Are seen from Linux like Windows see the DLLs? Are these libraries coming with the kernel or i have to download it separately?

Thanks

libraries in linux are almost exactly like libraries in windows. you need to update glibc - just do a search on RPMfind.net for an updated version for your distribution.

--James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back