Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi, I was having some Programs D

Status
Not open for further replies.

kadmathew

Programmer
Nov 30, 2010
IN
Hi,

I was having some Programs DOS based prepared by me in around 2000 in Clipper5. This was working very nicely in Window XP and Window 7, but couldn't open or update in the current Windows.

Please let me know whether anybody can help me by giving the direct installation software of latest version of Clipper5.3 compatible to Window10 (64bits) along with the procedure for Installation and Compilation to Open/ Update/ Compile/ Run the available Programs with me.

Regards,
K M Mathew

You can use DOSBox or D-Fend Reloaded to emulate DOS and run your current program.

Greg

Greg is right, Clipper is 16-bit and you need something like DosBox to run it now.

Regards

Griff
Keep [Smile]ing

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

I'm trying to cut down on the use of shrieks (exclamation marks), I'm told they are !good for you.

There is no place like G28 X0 Y0 Z0

I can say that my own experience with xBase++ is that it is not quite 100% compatible, close but no cigar.

I am talking about a version from 2003 though, perhaps it is better now.

The above not withstanding, xBase++ has kept a very old application going well past anything I ever expected when I wrote it in the 90s.

** edit **
Just looked at their website, they have, seemingly, dropped the 100% compatibility claim.

Regards

Griff
Keep [Smile]ing

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

I'm trying to cut down on the use of shrieks (exclamation marks), I'm told they are !good for you.

There is no place like G28 X0 Y0 Z0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back