Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi, I just installed Sybase-ASE [A 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ifxtechie

Technical User
Dec 22, 2000
US
Hi,
I just installed Sybase-ASE [Adaptive Server Enterprise] on Windows-2000 server. Can anybody help me how to go ahead with this. I just want to connect through Java. I thought that JDBC comes with Server. But I don't think so. Is there any client-tool that I can test the connection and data. Also I want create the database. I have used isql with Sybase-10 version. should I download the isql also
Pls advice me. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Partha

Parthasarathy, Hassan

Hi Partha,

If you are running ASE 12
You should be able to find isql in
%SYBASE%\ASE-12_0\bin\isql

OR you can set up the Java ISQL utility
%SYBASE\jutils-2_0\jisql
I think there is a userguide in this directory to help you set it up.

Cheers,
Tom

Hi PH,

I believe you must have installed the sybase open client utility to get connected to ASE. Along with this, you get Sybase Central (SC) or Sybase Central Java Edition to manage your server.

Doing DBA activities with this tool is very simple.

If not, then you may download some third-party tools for Sybase Administration which makes your job easy.

But, before doing any of these, you need to make a DS (Directory Service) entry for the server using dsedit.exe

RajD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back