Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi, I have some asp pages that I ma 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDR

Technical User
Aug 22, 2001
US
Hi, I have some asp pages that I make changes on them but when I browse them the changes never kick off
the problem lies on as javascript error generated for a
mistype. I fixed the typo but still shows the old page with the wrong type when debugging, a page that doesn't
even exists.
It seems that the server is still caching those old pages.
Is there anyway to clear that cache or a patch to solve this error
-->I changed the "in memory document cache" to "0"
under server extensions-->perfomance on the properties of the server.
Any Ideas? Should I post this on another forum?
I'm running IIS on 2000 server.
(this was posted in the IIS forum also)

I know it sounds stupid but have you uploaded the pages to your live server? I have lost count of the times i have pulled my hair out because i was saving pages locally and forgetting to upload them.

If all else fails, just delete the files from the live server, refresh your browser, then re-upload them. There is no reason why they wouldn't then be updated. Nick (Web Developer)

nick@retrographics.co.uk

Yes, the pages are on the live server.
Tried deleting the files and putting them back but even with the files deleted still will show the old pages.
One of my friends suggested me as a temporary fix
trying renaming the folder were the pages are and creating another with the original name with a page redirecting to the new folder.
I did so and now if I call the pages on the new folder (with the new folder name) it will work ok
but the redirection to that folder is not working at
all, it is still showing the old pages.
I know that doesn't sound like a good way to solve the problem but at this point I'm triying anything.

Thanks for the quick response.
Where do I have to press "Ctrl + F5"

That I understood
but I mean. where on the server
IIS manager? on wich screen? is it when I'm at the desktop?

Thanks Howard
I that didn't work
Any other ideas.

onpnt
that looks like it
I'll try it as soon as we get the website up
It just went down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back