Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi. I have a stored procedure (I am using a MSSQL Server database) tha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokarski

Programmer
Jan 31, 2000
BR
Hi. I have a stored procedure (I am using a MSSQL Server database) that returns 3 recordsets. But, when I use it on my report (I am using CR 7.0), just the first recordset is returned. How can I get all the recordsets I need? <br>
Thank you, <br>
Marcel

I tried to return more than 1 recordset from sp to CR but did not succeed. Cr only sees the first one. The easy way to do is to combine them into one recordset and return it at the end of the sp. You can use subreport for the other recordsets, but sometimes, in my case, the display of the report is the problem.<br>
<br>

Subreports suck, to put it mildly. They are painfully slow, less predictable, BUT they are a simple way of joining multiple SQL queries in a single report. If you can either union your queries, or use them to populate a temp table, I find that works more reliably and much faster, as all the processing is done in one shot by the database engine, without constant interaction with Crystal when executing the report. <p>Malcolm Wynden<br><a href=mailto:wynden@island.dot.net>wynden@island.dot.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back