Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi, I have a stand alone VB ap

Status
Not open for further replies.

JennB

Programmer
Feb 3, 2002
CA
Hi,

I have a stand alone VB application that runs off of an Access database. My client would like to take the inventory from this database and make it available online. What VB code could I use to FTP the database to the host? The client is not technical so I would like to have them simply push a button to upload the information. Also, is it possible only to upload certain tables from the database. The information saved in other tables is confidential and we would prefer to keep it secure on their server.

Thanks for your help.

jenn

Ther Windows API has a pretty simple 'FtpPutFile' function that should do the job quite nicely. This function needs to be used in conjunction with the InternetConnect function.

If you only want to upload selected tables one approach would be to use the 'CopyObject' method of the Access DoCmd object to copy the selected tables to a second database and upload that instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back