Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi, I have a mail folder which c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greenster

Programmer
Jan 14, 2002
GB
Hi,

I have a mail folder (outlook 6) which contains mails from which I need to automatically extract information - therefore I need to be able to read these files with some sort of program. Does anyone have any idea how I can do this?? I mean, I can write the program (in VB or something) but I need access to the mail files so that I can read them in and interpret the data. Where are the inbox files kept on Windows and is there an easy way to read them (without opening them in Outlook!)

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanx

{Greenster}

Outlook files are kept on the local HDD, however, if you are asking where are the email files kept, that is different. If you are using an Exchange Server, the emails reside on the server unless you move them to a .pst file on the local HDD. There have been a few discussions about this before. Search in the forum and see what you can find.

Thanx Soonerland - I did do a couple of searches for "inbox" / "oulook files", etc, but it kept turning up blank - I do some scouting for references to .pst files - thanx

{Greenster} {Greenster}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back