Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi I have a form with a linked

Status
Not open for further replies.

leighflo1

Programmer
Jun 25, 2003
GB
Hi

I have a form with a linked subform. The subform is in datasheet view on the form.
I have the following three fields: fld1, fld2, fld3.
Fld 3 has no tab stop.
On the Before Update event of the subform I call two procedures to check the validity of the data entry.
If the data entry is ok I would expect the focus to move to the next field which would be fld1 of the next record as fld3 has no tab stop. If the data entry is not valid i have cancel event code in the procedures called.
The cancel event part works fine. The cursor remains in fld2
expecting correct data entry. However, when the data entered is fine Access Project moves the focus back back to the start of the same record just entered ie fld1.

This never happened in Access MDB. What am I doing wrong in Project?

I tried moving the Before Update event to fld2 but it made no difference.

Any suggestion greatly received

Check the "cycle" property on the form.
If it's set to "Current Record", it won't advance.
Change it to "All Records".

HTH,
Bob
Thread181-473997 provides information regarding this site.

Bob
Thanks for the suggestion.
Forms however are set to ALLRecords.

Hi!

I thought someone else might have an idea.
Since there are no other posts, I recommend you create a new form from scratch bound to a copy (different name) of your table. Tab stop settings the same, but no event code. See if that performs as desired. If so, check carefully for differences in properties and/or verify what your validation code is doing.

Sorry I couldn't help resolve this!
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back