Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi I had a IBM LTO4 (ACSLS posit

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechyG

Vendor
Oct 22, 2009
ZA
Hi

I had a IBM LTO4 (ACSLS position - 0,1,1,9)drive o a Sl8500 that gave 'dismount failures' it had a CLN cartridge on it.
I powered cycled the drive - had the same problem. The CLN tape was already dismounted and waited on the handbot to to remove it but nothing happened.
I manually removed the tape. the SL8500 indicates on the SLC panel that the drive is empty.

I tried clearing locks,doing force dismounts but no luck. Drive still showing in use

I replaced the drive... I can see the new S/N # and that the SL8500 indicates on the SLC panel that the drive is empty...

On ACSLS it is still showing that the drive is in use...

I have put the original drive back - and once again i can see the new S/N # and that the SL8500 indicates on the SLC panel that the drive is empty...

It's like the ACSLS is not talking to the drive...

I am waiting on change control to reboot ACSLS...
Is there another solution to reset/clear the drive status?

Greetings

Hi,
I´m not sure now, but I remember a dismount problem with this message in ACSLS... I think that you must send the following command:

Dismount "X" X,X,X,X force (the second to fourth X are the ACSLS position of slots...).

Please let me know if this work ok, I´ll ask to my ex partner in Oracle abput this...

Bye,

Hi R1957

Thank you for replying...

I tried the XXXXX f dismount, clearing locks commands... it did not work...
The port had to be reset... because ACSLS did not communincate to the drive at all..
it's all working now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back