Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi ! I got some trouble in relevan

Status
Not open for further replies.

google

Programmer
Jun 11, 2001
IN
Hi !
I got some trouble in relevant to snapshots.There are two servers and both the servers are running in archive mode.I got snapshot log at server "A" and at server "B" theose snapshots are refreshed and i entered the two parameter job_queue_process=2 and job_queue_interval=120 in my initora file.
So now theproblem is snapshots should be refreshed in other site i.e "B" but it start generating archive log file to its destination,until the destination get fulled.At thattime snapshots are refreshed.But i cannot not stop generating archive log file.How can i stop generting archive files.
Can any one help me regarding this trouble is concern.

There's no way to suppress generation of archive log files short of turning off archiving. Whether that's a possibility for you depends on the backup and recovery requirements of your database.

I assume that you are generating lots of archive log data because your snapshot refreshes are doing a lot of work. That makes me suspect that you are doing complete refreshes, despite the existence of snapshot logs on your source database. Can you check this out? If that's happening and you switch to fast refreshes you may solve your archive log problem at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back