Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi, I downloaded and installed a

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leland123

Programmer
Aug 15, 2001
US
Hi,

I downloaded and installed a windows native version of Postgresql 7.2.1 by Peer Direct. The install was a snap. I was also able to set Postgres to run as a service under windows XP pro by run a provided .exe. This is really great as it is not necessary to unixify your windows OS with cygwin with this distribution. Also, performance is better.

The install is not glamorous, as it consist of a zip file. There is no use of the windows registry. All paths and postgres variables are configured using the window system environment variables dialogue. You can download the distribution from the following link which include a complete set of instructions.

I can hardly wait for the forthcoming windows native release of Postgresql due out with the release of Postgresql 7.4 .

LelandJ

Leland F. Jackson, CPA
Software - Master (TM)
Nothing Runs Like the Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back